Masterclass Series 2021
DRAWN INTO DETAIL
with Paul White
Saturday 25 September, 10am – 3pm
$120 including materials and light lunch
Join Paul White for a masterclass intensive in realistic pencil drawing. Working with pencil on paper in a highly detailed manner, create realistic drawings developing and strengthening observational skills through drawing and working with colour.
The artist will demonstrate techniques he has developed over a 15 year period; from source photography, image selection and working with a screen to initial sketch up, to complex layering and blending.
Please bring along your own photographs on an iPad or laptop for visual reference and working directly from. There will also be images available from the artist on the day.
High quality paper and a supply of pencils will be provided.
- All required art materials will be provided. Each participant will be supplied with a sheet of Arches paper size 560 x 760mm which can be cut to preferred size. Sets of high quality pencils will be available to share (you may bring your own if preferred).
- Light lunch, there is opportunity to advise of any dietary requirements when making your booking.
You will walk away with:
A completed/semi-completed drawing of your chosen imagery.
Other important information:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to avoid late starts.
- Please allow time to find an all day carpark.
- The Gallery can be cold at times so warm clothing is advised.
Is this workshop suitable for me?
If you are a practicing artist, art student, art educator or someone with an art background/experience this workshop is suitable for you.
What can I bring?
- Closed in shoes
- Water bottle
- Please bring along your own photographs on an iPad / laptop or printed for visual reference and working directly from. There will also be images available from the artist on the day.
What’s the refund policy?
Refund available up to 48 hours before the start time of the masterclass.
Please note: when purchasing your ticket, the Gallery absorbs all related booking fees, however, refunds will include the ticket price less the Eventbrite fees (which consists of the payment processing fee and the service fee combined)
About the Artist
Paul White’s art practice explores the everyday through pencil work on paper. He has an MFA (Art) from California Institute of the Arts and is a Samstag International Visual Arts Scholar. He has been awarded the Metro Art Award and has been a finalist in other art awards including the Paul Guest Drawing Prize, Fishers Ghost Art Prize and National Works on Paper.
In the last 18 months he has been awarded the Muswellbrook works on paper, IAS art prize, St Kevins Art prize works on paper and a prestigious Pollock-Krasner grant.
Paul White is represented by Scott Livesey Galleries, Melbourne
Please note: when purchasing your ticket, the Gallery absorbs all related booking feesBook your ticket
Share this page
Main image: Paul White, Apocalyptic Breakdown (Somewhere over the rainbow) 2021, pencil on paper, 140 x 100cm. Photo: Courtesy of the artist.